Tuesday, February 07, 2012

A Great Read...

As my colleagues and I continue to collect books that students recommend and/or love to read, I've managed to select titles that have great avenues for teaching all kinds of important topics!
Here are a few great book titles that should be on your classroom bookshelf:

Mockingbird
The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mockingjay
Chains
Young Samurai: Way of the Warrior
Alligator Bayou
Awake and Dreaming
The Glory Field
Romiette and Julio
Heart of a Champion


What novels do your students tend to favor? Please leave a title of a great book in comments! Thanks so much!


2 comments:

  1. The entire Hunger Games series is so good! And there are so many lessons to be learned and activities to be done with those books...wish I had used them last year.

    Last year, I found that some of my students (freshmen) gravitated toward Monster (By Walter Dean Myers) and The Pigman (by Paul Zindel).

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks so much for the info! We have Monster too! We and I used to do the Pigman as a whole class read when I taught at my old school! Will have to ponder doing it again! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments! Let me know you stopped by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...