Sunday, April 15, 2012

Math Mojo, an Innovative TpT Teacher-Author You Should Get to Know

Innovative Connections by Ann Marie Smith
Visit Math Mojo's Store Here!

Alexis Sergi

What grade level(s) and subject(s) is Alexis currently teaching? What other grade levels has Alexis taught prior to current position?        
Currently 4th grade, Previously K, 1, 5, College Freshman

How long has Alexis been teaching?            
13 years!

When did Alexis join Teachers Pay Teachers as a Seller, and what made Alexis decide to become a seller?
I joined TpT as a seller December 2011. I could never find commercially made materials that were exactly what I wanted, so I started creating my own. I love to create materials, plan, and share with others. One of the teachers who I frequently share materials with suggested I check out this site and offer some of the things that I develop on the site.

One piece of advice Alexis can give to a beginning teacher & one piece for a veteran teacher:

I would tell a new teacher to take it one day at a time, take things slowly, and lean on others for support. To veteran teachers I would say one of my favorite quotes, "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn how to surf." We are in an era of massive change and pressure on teachers and survival in this job is often about learning to find joy in our jobs and learning to not fight the waves of change, but learning to surf!

Something unique about Alexis both as a teacher and outside of the classroom:
         
Teacher fact - I have taught in 2 countries (the U.S. and Australia), 3 U.S states, and my students have ranged in age from kindergarten to college!
    
Personal fact - 8 years ago my husband and I sold our house and almost everything we owned and moved to Australia to live and work for a year. We are not impulsive people, but we loved the experience! We are back in the states now and we have started a family, but we always look back on that experience and still can not believe we did it!
TpT Product Link to best selling product
Math Mojo's Best Seller!

TpT Store Link:

Here is a link to one of Alexis's best selling products or click on the image to the right:
  

What other neat information did Alexis choose to share?

I love to travel. Before having children my husband and I visited over 30 states and 9 countries including Australia, New Zealand, and Japan. Now we have 3 wonderful children so our adventures are closer to home. We live in Florida and we love exploring beaches, theme parks, and all the Sunshine State has to offer!!!
_________________________________________________________________
Thanks to Alexis for sharing a little about herself with me and other viewers/followers! I find it very interesting and love getting to know a little bit about so many of you guys!
I'm jealous Alexis lives in the Sunshine State!!! 

Regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! Let me know you stopped by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...