Monday, December 26, 2011

Get to Know This TpT Teacher Author...

Arlene Manemann 
What grade level(s) and/or subject(s) are you currently teaching? What grade levels have you taught prior to this year?  7 - 12, but now retired...

If currently in the classroom, how long have you been teaching? 
If not, how long did you teach?        35 Years

When did you join Teachers Pay Teachers as a Seller? What made you decide to become a seller?    2009

One piece of advice you can give to a beginning teacher & one piece for a veteran teacher:   
     I've supervised student teachers, and the biggest problem initially is usually classroom management. Start the school year with your classroom arranged in rows and your curriculum arranged in a regular weekly schedule. Once the students associate your room with order, you can (and should) have all sorts of innovative seating arrangements and approaches to the curriculum. But, get them working as a unified team first.
     For veteran teachers, I learned the hard way that "my way" and "new ways" are not counterproductive. My approach to a lesson might benefit from the new way and sometimes be replaced entirely. That was hard for me to cope with, but after the first few "adjustments", it became easier.

Something unique about you both as a teacher and outside of the classroom:
     I am a puzzle freak. There's hardly a lesson that I make that doesn't have some kind of a puzzle with it; mostly they do teach something, but are intended for fun. At home, I love working the New York Times crossword puzzles, especially on Friday and Saturday, and see if I can beat my own best times.


One of your best selling product links:

What other bio information would you like to share?
     My daughter is a high school chemistry teacher and I've created or typed up so many of her assignments, I think I might actually be able to get a good grade in chemistry now! Well, maybe not in the stoichiometry part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! Let me know you stopped by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...