Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Get to Know This TpT Teacher Author...


Nyla’s Crafty Teaching: Gillian Nyla Phillips-Martin

What grade level(s) and/or subject(s) are you currently teaching? What grade levels have you taught prior to this year?   
From Grades 1 - 6 and I teach all subject areas. Math and science are my favorites!

If currently in the classroom, how long have you been teaching? If not still in classroom, how long did you teach?            I've been teaching since 2006.

When did you join Teachers Pay Teachers as a Seller? What made you decide to become a seller?    
Back when I was doing my B.Ed., I was a customer. Then after a few years of being in the classroom, while I was at home on maternity leave,
I realized that I can share my unit plans so I became a seller! I decided to name my store Nyla's Crafty Teaching because of my passion for making things from everyday materials, which I use in my classroom.

One piece of advice you can give to a beginning teacher & one piece for a veteran teacher:     
            It's always good to have a backup plan when teaching. Your lesson plans can be perfectly planned but often times, something unpredictable can happen- like the copier might be out of ink! So always be prepared, for anything!

Something unique about you both as a teacher and outside of the classroom:
            In every topic I teach, I try to integrate it with art and crafts. Students love me for it, even the ones who think that they cannot draw!
            Most people don't know that I love to study Psychology! I love how the mind works and how girls and boys are wired to learn differently. It fascinates me!



One of your best selling product links: 

What other bio information would you like to share?
I love my hobbies; they really help me to unwind and get re-energized for the next day.
I love blogging, blog hopping and creating stuff for my class and my children at home
(I have three young kids). I try to exercise; I hate the pain, but I love the gain!

Are there any other sites you’d like posted for others to access?
            Feel free to follow Nyla's Crafty Teaching at my Facebook page
                          http://www.facebook.com/teachernyla

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! Let me know you stopped by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...