Monday, November 14, 2011

"Get to Know this TpT Teacher-Author"


Kristen Bowers from Secondary Solutions

What grade level(s) and/or subject(s) are you currently teaching? What grade levels have you taught prior to this year?           
I am not currently teaching; I taught 9th, 11th, and 12th ELA

If currently in the classroom, how long have you been teaching? If not still in classroom, how long did you teach?            
I taught for 6 years.

When did you join Teachers Pay Teachers as a Seller? What made you decide to become a seller?
I started on TPT in early 2006, when TPT was just a baby!  I had been marketing my materials on my own website for nearly a year, and decided TPT was a great opportunity to branch out.  I was still teaching at the time, but all my earnings went into the business.  I was eventually able to earn enough to work at home once my daughter was born!

One piece of advice you can give to a beginning teacher & one piece for a veteran teacher:
One piece?  That's tough!  As one mentor teacher said to me long ago, work smarter, not harder.  By that, don't reinvent the wheel just to say you have!  Use what has worked for others.  Make tweaks to things to make it your own, but don't try to do everything yourself.  You will be a sure candidate for burnout if you do. To a veteran teacher, I would advise to be open to trying new things.  Don't just teach the same unit you have for 20 years.  Try new ideas and new technology.  There is so much more out there!

Something unique about you both as a teacher and outside of the classroom:
I don't think the fact that I am a workaholic is unique; especially as a part of TPT!  I guess the most unique thing about me outside the classroom is that I am a newbie extreme couponer.  Although we can't buy the massive amounts of product in California like they do in other places, I can get lots for free...and I love that!

TpT Store Link:


If you like, please leave a link to one of your best selling products here:

What other bio information would you like to share?
For more about me, visit my blog at www.secondarysolutionsblog.com, where I have posted "10 Things about Kristen Bowers"

Are there any other sites you’d like posted for others to access?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments! Let me know you stopped by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...