Friday, July 06, 2012

Little People... Big Expectations!



Hello, ALL! I have the pleasure of welcoming Stephanie VanMeter of Primary Possibilities as a guest blogger on Innovative Connections today! She and two others, Kathi Berry and Stephany Dillon have graciously included three great feebies for you at the end! 

___________________________________________________________



Guest post by Stephanie VanMeter on Innovative Connections!
Primary Possibilities is a combination of three primary teachers who want to share their everyday lives with you! Each of us teach in the same building; however, we all teach different grades and use different styles of teaching. Kathi Berry is a Title One teacher who teaches Reading Recovery to first graders and literacy groups and RTI groups with all grades. She really enjoys first and second grade students. Kathi usually works in small groups and creates hands-on lessons that challenge higher level thinking skills.
Stephany Dillon is a previous Reading Recovery teacher who teaches first grade students. She has an amazing approach to learning and implements literacy stations in her classroom. Stephany uses reading strategies with her students and creates an excellent atmosphere for learning. She utilizes the Accelerated Reaidng program to its fullest in her first grade classroom.
My name is Stephanie VanMeter. It was very easy to write about my colleagues, but I am having a hard time writing about myself. :) I began teaching first grade and was moved to kindergarten about 4 years ago. I was apprehensive at first, but soon discovered I loved kindergarten as I became more familiar with the curriculum. Kindergarten is almost the new first grade! It seems I am teaching the curriculum I taught in first grade when I began teaching.
I truly believe, children should know teachers have big expectations and they can achieve anything. Expectations are can be set in any subject, in behavior, rules, and in everyday life skills. 
Dreaming big has never hurt anyone! 
Our goal and mission at Primary Possibilities: Little people... Big expectations!
Three Freebies for you to Download from Primary Possibilities:
Our goal and mission at Primary Possibilities: Little people... Big expectations!
From Stephanie VanMeter
Cute Classroom Supply Labels
Little People... Big Expectations!
Cute Classroom Supply Labels from Stephany Dillon
Kathi Berry
From Kathi Berry
__________________________________________________________________
Thanks to Primary Possibilities and Stephanie VanMeter for being a guest blogger today!
Please take a moment to leave Stephanie a note telling her you stopped by, as I'm sure she'd love to know! And, by the way, Primary Possibilities is have 200 Followers Giveaway---you may like to swing by to enter the fun!! 
200 followers giveaway!
Be well and have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great resources. I will be new to kinder next year and am sure I will use them. I'm having trouble downloading the classroom labels. When I click on it it tells me that it is not found. My e-mail is afuller@dentonisd.org.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you click on the caption, it will work! Sorry about that! Thanks so much for visiting!

      Delete
    2. I updated the link--sorry, I didn't realize that it was only the caption linked. Now, the Title above pic and caption should be linked correctly!
      Thanks so much,
      Ann Marie

      Delete
    3. Thanks Angela! Glad you found them useful!

      Stephany
      primarypossibilities.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. I love the Real vs non non sense words!! We always assess this, but don't really have hands-on fun activities to expose our kindies to in class. Thank you for this!! I used to teach 1st grade a long time ago...., now I teach Kindergarten (5 years)...and Kindergarten is totally what first grade "used to be"..it is amazing what they do everyday!:)

    Steph

    kindergartensparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! So glad you stopped by and I know Primary Possibilities is too! Have a great day!

      Delete
    2. I have quite a few Nonsense Word Sorts in my TpT store for free! You can find my store my clicking on the classroom labels above!

      Stephany
      primarypossibilities.blogspot.com

      Delete

I love reading comments! Let me know you stopped by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...